Happy Birthday to me!
Well, yesterday anyway.
35 Things I’ve learned by 35…
- I’ve learned that the most important thing in life, business, motherhood and all else is to never compromise on your integrity. Don’t compromise yourself — you’re all you’ve got, and who ever doesn’t respect that.. fuck em’
- I’ve learned that God doesn’t give us what we want; He gives us what we need. Every time. And although it may not seem like it in the moment, and we may be frustrated or angry, in the end, it’s always what we need to grow, but its our choice to choose to go that way or choose to go our own way..
- I’ve learned it’s always important to have fun and be silly. The funnier and sillier, the happier.
- I’ve learned that I still have lessons to learn..
- I’ve learned that until your belly is full you will not make any impactful decisions
- I’ve learned not to take no for an answer. I have never taken no for an answer if I believe in something, and it has served me well. Fight for what you want. And don’t you be lazy! Never be afraid to dream big, and put it out into the universe. If you work hard enough, the universe will listen. I’ve learned that the harder I work, the luckier I get.
- I have learned I am proud of myself, I worked my ass off to get here.. and I am DONE feeling guilty about it.
- I’ve learned marriage is hard.
- I’ve learned that sometimes you win. Sometimes you learn.
- I’ve learned that the line is thin between pushing your child to the limit in order to not raise a quitter, and pulling back to not turn them off from life. I struggle daily.
- I’ve learned that God thinks I am a badass and can handle more than I think I can, but look at me.. doing this shit… crawling some days but doing it..
- I’ve learned being a parent is the scariest thing I’ve ever had to do in my entire life.
- I’ve learned that its okay if everyone doesn’t like me, its also okay to not be everyone’s best friend.
- I’ve learned to say no, and that being okay to say..
- I’ve learned to listen more, like seriously shut up Crystal… and sometimes when talking to God if I just shut up I may hear what he has to say back to me as well.
- People make time for what is important to them, if they dont make time for you then its just not that important to them.
- I’ve learned my kids are getting older and I shouldn’t feel bad about spending more time with them that I do our with friends… because soon, they will be gone and I’ll have nothing but time.. those who understand and love me will be there waiting with a margarita.
- I’ve learned no one has it all together.
- TRUST YOUR GUT…. that bitch is always right.. even when you dont want her to be she is.
- Ive learned that I need “me time” to be sane… and that doesn’t mean a bath with no kids.. that means me on a plane going somewhere to catch my breath and Ive also learned that me time is okay.. Nature heals.
- I’ve learned that people who cant hold their alcohol really annoy me.. and in men I find it disgusting
- I’ve learned that when I think “If this happens I’ll be happy” there is a way deeper issue going on that I should probably look into
- I’ve learned that it’s okay to not be okay…
- I’ve learned that I shouldn’t cut my hair, I”ll hate it.. also you cant love it more by chopping your bangs yourself
- I’ve learned that you dont know how long they will be here so always end with an I Love You and mean it
- I’ve learned the smartest person in the room is never the one who’s doing the most talking.
- I’ve learned no one has the same heart as you so stop expecting that and cracking your own.
- I’ve learned to forgive myself
- I’ve learned Wine makes me happy, Beer makes me full & Vodka gets me drunk
- I’ve learned it’s okay to be emotional.. I just feel things all the way through & there is nothing weak about that.
- I’ve learned I will always miss my dad no matter how much time passes…
- I’ve learned deep down you already know the truth you question…
- I’ve learned that feeling like you don’t have a choice is a choice
- I’ve learned I’ve done so many things right when I thought I was doing so many things so wrong.. ( raising kids ) and I just need to slow down and breathe
- I’ve learned that at 35 I am still searching for myself… and I’ve also learned that that’s okay…
I am me, I will and always will be true to myself. I laugh with my whole face & I love with my whole heart.
Cheers to 35 more years.